[Geysers] 8/20/10 Lower Basin and Evening Notes

scott grisso postcard73 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 21:54:14 PDT 2010

Hey all, thought I'd post a few times from the Lower Basin today along with
a couple evening times from the Upper Basin.

Lower Basin

Fountain 0848 d=31, 1425 d=29, 1929 n.s. d=28
Great Fountain 1513
Morning's Thief 0849
Spasm 1426 n.s., 1935
Super Frying Pan 1952
Twig 1445
White Dome 1507, 1525

Upper Basin

Aurum 2051
Grand 2125 T2C
Lion 2053
Penta 2047

Fountain had two short intervals.  The 5h04m interval at 1929 was missed by
several gazers.  Karen and I happened to have arrived very early and were
watching the mud pots when Fountain started.  I wrote down a bunch of Jet
times during the morning Fountain (I'll post them if anybody wants them).
Jet was quiet throughout the afternoon and evening Fountain eruptions, and
no Morning Thief was seen during those eruptions either.  A woman stepped
off the trail during the evening Fountain and nearly backed into Super
Frying Pan before we were able to convince her to get back on the
boardwalk.  The Penta 2047 eruption was the first time I have ever seen
Penta start.

I am returning to Twin Falls tomorrow so this will probably be my final post
from this trip.  Huge thanks to Karen Low for keeping me company and giving
me a place to stay!

Scott Grisso