[Geysers] Trip report Beehive

Ralph Taylor ralpht at fuse.net
Wed Aug 18 16:25:10 PDT 2010

My apologies for the delay.  As I processed this week's Beehive data I went
back over the data during the run of false indicators and compared the data
with the webcam observations and Stephen Eide's report (below).  The Beehive
at 2103 on 7 August that showed on my last update is indeed in error--my
analysis program picked out the Indicator (which put hotter water down the
channel than usual) and I failed to catch the false eruption detection.  The
other eruptions that I reported are either confirmed by webcam or observer
reports or are, in my opinion, clearly Beehive eruptions and not false
indicators, including the two Beehive eruptions that bracket the very short
7h36m interval on 10 August.

If anyone is interested in the temperature trace for any of my reported
Beehive eruptions in that period, email me at Ralph.Taylor at gosa.org and I
can send you a .pdf of the graph.

Ralph Taylor

  _____