[Geysers] Spearpoint (?)

JEFFREY CROSS jeff.cross at utah.edu
Mon Aug 2 13:39:51 PDT 2010

I spent a little time at Norris during mid-July.  I saw a neat small geyser on the flat below Blue Mud Steam Vent.  From the description below, can anyone tell me what I was looking at?  Is this Spearpoint?

Here is the description: "The geyser below the Blue Mud Steam Vent had one observed interval of 16 minutes, two observed durations of 43 and 53 seconds, and a height of 2 feet.  The vent of this geyser is 4 feet by 2 feet, elongated in an east-west direction, with the narrow end pointing at the Blue Mud Steam Vent.  In Porcelain Basin, Big Blue Geyser splashed a few feet high."

Thanks,

Jeff Cross
jeff.cross at utah.edu