[Geysers] Questions--one even geyser related

GARY EINSTEIN greinstein at prodigy.net
Thu Apr 22 18:50:01 PDT 2010

1.  My daughter and I will be staying at the lodge cabins May 23-31.  The problem is May 23 is the last episode of Lost, which neither of us want to miss or DVR for 2 weeks until we get home.  (I know this sounds silly for those who have not watched for 7 years).  Last I heard the NPS was exploring internet service to some of the Park, but I haven't heard anything more.  Internet = hulu or abc.com

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas short of spending the first night in West?

2. Geyser related, for those who have been in the Park recently, what are the water levels of the Firehole?  With the low snowpack, it would seem that levels should be below normal.

The reason I'm asking is the hope to see F&M while we are there.  I have learned thanks to those who know much more than me that high river levels = low chance of eruption.

Thanks

Gary Einstein