[Geysers] Webcam times 4/22/2010 and a warning

Graham Meech meechg at verizon.net
Thu Apr 22 19:48:17 PDT 2010

Now we have some on-site reports (thank you for posting them) I will need to
post some correction to the webcam times from time to time and may well
retire for the summer season if we get regular reports coming.  Per Bill
Warnock's report on 4/20, the early morning Grand time I reported and the
interval just under 6 hours was incorrect (I should have realized that it
might be wrong).  The real interval was about 10 hours which is much more
normal.  So I will repeat the warning placed a long time ago that not all
the webcam reports are going to be correct and should be used with caution.
Early morning reports, Grand/Oblong confusions, dubious Aurum and Plume
eruptions will appear from time to time as well as the usual typographical
errors.  The majority of times reported are reliable based on what I can
determine so far.

Here are some times from the webcams on Thursday 4/22/10  taken from the
chat log ( < <http://yellowstone.paulthompson.net/camchat/#StreamOnly>
http://yellowstone.paulthompson.net/camchat/#StreamOnly>) and from Pat
Snyder, thanks for all the reports.

We had a couple of conewalkers this evening who were met by Law Enforcement.
Everything else was pretty normal today with Beehive, Aurum, Depression and
others still chugging along.  No Lion seen today which gives a good chance
for Lion tomorrow.

Aurum 1358ie, 1715, 2033,

Beehive 1024, Indicator 1012,

Castle 1620ie H2O,

Daisy 1311ns, 1956,

Depression 0923ie, 1215ie, 1748ie,

Grand 1140ns,

Oblong 1635ie, 2025ie,

OF 0554ie (?), 0824, 0949ie, 1126, 1254ie, 1427ie, 1556, 1730, 1904, 2038,

Plume 0921, 1013ie, 1107ie, 1158, 1249ie, 1440ie, 1541ie, 1636ie, 1729,
1824, 1920, 2013,

Riverside 1315, 1934ie,

Graham Meech