[Geysers] Geyser Report 4/20/2010

David Monteith dmonteit at comcast.net
Wed Apr 21 23:07:07 PDT 2010

                              From:
Bill Warnock
<billwarnock at wyellowstone.com>

                           Subject:
Geyser Report 4/20/2010
                              Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:41:36 -0600
(12:41 PDT)

Yesterday was an uncommonly beautiful day for April in Yellowstone...the
mercury reached 62 according to my car thermometer, and very little
wind.  Dee and I were the only gazers about.

Depression  0910  1155ns
Plume  0957  1052  1147
Lion  1000  1100   1158     1526
Daisy  1017 IE  1221
Castle  0756 min.  1108ns maj.
Aurum  1109
Grand  0422E  1420 T1Q  D=13"
Riverside  1145
West Triplet  1248
Oblong  1317

While Dee and I were strolling past Old Tardy after the Grand eruption,
I looked and saw Indicator in eruption, so dashed on over and caught the
beginning of Beehive--picture attached.

Beehive  Ind. 1438ie   1444

Giantess had some nice boils, Infant is very high and murky.  Bison are
migrating to the west, and we now have them along Hwy 191 north of West
Y.  No babies seen yet.  Bluebirds arrived about two weeks ago, and I
saw first swallow near Hebgen Lake today.  No sandhill cranes heard here
yet.  80% chance of rain tomorrow, and temps are predicted to fall to
highs in the 40s and overnight freezes, more like April here.  Have
other obligations so probably won't be back to Park before next Mon.