[Geysers] September 24

Freund, Udo udo.freund at lmco.com
Fri Sep 25 07:24:11 PDT 2009

Lynn wrote:

This morning at Great Fountain, a couple asked that I pass along a thank you to all the volunteers who provide geyser information so visitors can benefit from our experience and our predictions.

That's certainly nice to hear and thank you for passing that message along.

I like to think we're also thanked by the oohs, ahhs and cheers of people we've directed somewhere who saw something that amazed them.  And if they didn't express themselves verbally they're usually at least smiling.  Is it weird that they're happy about water rocketing out of the ground in front of them?  Maybe.  Yellowstone's geysers are pretty unique in producing emotional responses like that.  People don't cheer for lakes, 2000 foot granite cliffs, 17-mile wide canyons, or giant trees at other Nat'l Parks.  Most of us have seen nearly everyone cheering and smiling during and after a 2 or more burst Grand.  That's the best thanks, IMO.

Lynn,
Your posts on this list are wonderful in providing us with experiences that we can visualize, almost to the point of being there.  Great job!  I can't express my appreciation enough other than by saying thank you for the superb body of work you've done.

Udo Freund