[Geysers] Model Geysers

Demetri Stoumbos stoumbosd at go.oes.edu
Tue Sep 22 14:45:13 PDT 2009

Hi, my name is Demetri Stoumbos, some of you might have met me in the upper
geyser basin last August.
My science research project last year involved modeling a geyser and then
varying the conduit height to see the effects on interval and duration.
This year I am hoping to take my project to the next level and connect two
geyser models with each other via a horizontal (subsurface) connection.
 Specifically I will attempt to model the basic relationship between Turban
and Grand geysers.

I know most of you have heard of if not done projects modeling geysers.  If
anybody though has experimented with multiple model geysers with subsurface
connections to each other, it would be really helpful if you could contact
me with what you did and observed so I can have some background knowledge
for my project.

Thanks in advance,
Demetri

(last year's geyser, unconventional in its refill system to increase
accuracy and height)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1r0siDjL2M