[Geysers] National park quarters announced

Bruce Jensen bpnjensen at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 12 10:14:05 PDT 2009

Chase and everyone, FWIW, Yosemite was already commemorated on the previous California State quarter (Half Dome appeared along with John Muir and a condor), so prior appearance is probably not the whole story (although it may also account for the fact that Crater Lake is not on the new Oregon quarter).  My guess is that there partially clueless politicians were involved...
"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France