[Geysers] National park quarters announced

Meg Justus megj at nwlink.com
Wed Sep 9 18:06:16 PDT 2009

The list isn't that long, so I'll just append it to this -- today the mint released the list of national parks (so called, see below) to be honored in the series of US quarters starting in 2010.

You might recall that a few months ago I noted that Yellowstone would not necessarily be #1, and it isn't. More importantly, though, I do wonder who came up with this list, and if there will be noise about it. Because, as you can see, there are a number of places on the list that are not national parks. Like Mt. Hood National Forest and Block Island National Wildlife Refuge, to name two.

Ah, well, sez The Currrrrmudgeon

Scott Bryan

Not to mention that they completely skipped our 5th national park, Mt. Rainier.  I wonder if it's because Mt. Rainier was on the Washington state quarter?

Thanks for posting the whole list, Scott.

Meg
who must be a curmudgeon, too -- the list smells of politics, not appropriateness