[Geysers] Fw: Fan & Mortar, 1421 10/21/09 from Kitt Barger

barger bkbarger at bresnan.net
Wed Oct 21 21:03:28 PDT 2009

     Congratulations on seeing a Fan and Mortar!  Also I would like to thank the visitor center staff for their help last weekend.  Radios were rather sparse in the Upper Geyser Basin.  Unfortunately, I left the area one minute before Beehive's Indicator finally started on Sunday (10/18), but I still got to see many geysers and I think some visitors have also caught the geyser gazing bug.  A group of visitors followed us from Grand to Fountain where they enjoyed a wonderful show.  :o)  Here's hoping that closing weekend offers us good weather so that you will have more gazers to share geyser times with.
     As for my drive home, I saw many bison near the Lake/Fishing Bridge area.  The swans were hanging out in a protected cove on the lake and a bison sporting "coyote like" antics caused me to pause during my trek home.  (The bison would rear up then pounce in one spot like a coyote trying to get a mouse.  After he did this several times, the bison dropped to the ground and rolled raising quite a dust storm.)  Take care and hope to see you in a week.
                                                              Sincerely,  Kitt Barger