[Geysers] RE: YNP spring depths

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed Oct 7 08:22:23 PDT 2009

Somewhere in this pile of stuff is that figure of 400 feet, in one or more
reports, based on the depth of sedimentary valley fill. In the face of
other  tasks, I'm not going to pore through things any more. However, at least I
did  find this in Allen and Day: "In a bore-hole put down in 1929 by the
Geophysical  Laboratory at a point near Old Faithful Inn, altered rhyolite
gravels were found  immediately under the sinter and they continued downward
for 220 feet." [This is  the drilling conducted by C. N. Fenner; the site is
near Myriad Geyser, in the  Myriad Group.]

Scott Bryan

In a message dated 10/5/2009 5:40:27 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,