[Geysers] Geyser Report September 30

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 1 05:03:41 PDT 2009

Items from the OFVC logbook for September 30

Castle 0129E major, 1541ie

Daisy 0751E, 1526ie, 1727

Grand 0158E, 1027vr (1015vr crossed out)

Riverside 1423vr

Beehive 0527vr

Lion 0946vr

Little Cub 0703

Plume 0709, 1852

Lone Star 1144

Then there's Lynn's handwriting:

Till 0819ie major, end 0825; first minor 0842

Lemon Spring down ~ 6" 0740, refilled by 12:30

Great Fountain 1437 p = 0

White Dome 0806; 1411, 1449

Bead 0909, 0931, 0954, 1013, 1044, 1103, 1127, 1148, 1212, 1236, 1300, 1324, 11350

Box Spring 0932, 0956, 1013, 1044

Pink 1205

Pink Cone 1401

Let's modify the saying, "Lynn says and it is no longer so" to "Lynn writes and it wasn't so."

Several people emailed me to let me know that the Beehive eruption at 1658 on September 29 was accompanied by an Indicator, seen on the webcam 1642ns or ie.

Also, on the way out to West Yellowstone this (9/30) afternoon the four sandhill cranes were feeding at Fountain Flats so the sandhill cranes have not yet migrated out of the park.

Three lashes with a wet noodle and 3 day revocation of Lynn's ability to post to the listserv, with the second portion of the sentence to be served October 15-18 when her season in Yellowstone ends and she is traveling.

The 2-5 inch accumulation of snow did not materialize yesterday, but it did snow.  We almost made it through September with no snow on the ground at Old Faithful though.  As you can see from the data in the logbook, I spent most of my day in the Lower Basin, leaving the Park about 3 pm to go to West Yellowstone.  When I left there was about an inch of snow on the ground in the lower basin.  Thankfully the temperatures were warm enough that the snow was not adhering to the pavement.

Lynn Stephens