[Geysers] Geyser Report Addendum 5/30 (Stephens)

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Sun May 31 17:21:34 PDT 2009

THIS POST IS FOR THE PERSONAL USE OF THE SUBSCRIBERS TO THIS LISTSERV AND MAY NOT BE USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE,

INCLUDING PUBLICATION IN THE SPUT.

I forgot to add--The other day at Great Fountain a lady was telling some other people that Great Fountain always erupted after that other geyser, which I thought she called "White Cone."  I tried to gently correct her, explaining about White Dome's intervals and possible overlap with Great Fountain, but no predictive ability.  Later, Kent Morby kidded me about the hundreds, and probably thousands of hours I've wasted waiting for Great Fountain when all I had to do was wait fifteen minutes after White Dome for the next Great Fountain eruption.  Saturday the last white Dome was 48 minutes before Great Fountain.  Sunday the last White Dome was 21 minutes before Great Fountain.  Monday, White Dome erupted 20 minutes before Great Fountain.  Tuesday White Dome erupted 6 mintues before Great Fountain.  Wednesday White Dome erupted 12 mintues before Great Fountain.  (Believe it or not, I skipped the start of Thursday's eruption.)  Friday White Dome erupted 25 minutes and 4 minutes before Great Fountain.  Saturday, Great Fountain erupted 18 mintues after White Dome.  And today, Great Fountain erupted 15 minutes after White Dome.  Now just think of all the hours I could save if someone could just tell me which White Dome was going to be the last White Dome prior to Great Fountain's eruption :)

Lynn Stephens