[Geysers] Geyser Report May 31

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun May 31 17:01:18 PDT 2009

The big news, which I'm sure will be posted elsewhere is:

1. Fan and Mortar erupted overnight. An event cycle, with Main Vent
splashing was witnessed last evening, but to find the marker gone today was
certainly a surprise. The river is still quite high and muddy. By appearances, the
eruption reached about to but perhaps not beyond the boardwalk.

2. Grotto's eruption that started about 1520 yesterday finally ended
between 1400 and 1435 today, a duration of roughly 23 hours. So what did it do to
Giant. Not a whole lot, since at the 21-hour mark Giant was still visibly
jetting left-to-right abd there was spitting in both Bijou and Catfish. It's
like a valve between Grotto and Giant has been almost completely closed so
that there is little effect on Giant.

3. What is Artemisia up to? After those apparent 23 +/- intervals everybody
expected it to play this morning. So a bunch went up there and finally gave
it up around 1400, when a black squall line approached. so what happened?
Artemisia 1541ie. Is this really an interval of about 30 hours?

Plume intervals 68; 61, 61, and 63 minutes.
Beehive's Indicator 0606 Beehive 0624.
Lion 1023 (initial?), 1150, 1306, 1432ie.
Aurum 1129.
Castle reported as 0100E major, then 1509 major.
Sawmill was in control all day.
Grand 0230E and 0940 (T start, 1 burst I think). Note: I find the exact
electronic times of 0100 and 0230 to be suspicious, though of course possible.
Oblong 0928.
Grotto and Giant noted above.
Daisy 0724, 0932, 1135, 1337ie.
Riverside 0932ie.
Atomizer started a series at 1200 (d30s) and 1308 (d45s), per Barbara.
Little Brother was active all day.

Fountain 0950.
Great Fountain 1125.
Pink Cone 1144.