[Geysers] Fishing Cone active (sort of)

Pat Snyder riozafiro at gmail.com
Sat May 30 19:58:08 PDT 2009

Clark Murray and I visited West Thumb on May 26, 2009, and this
Fishing Cone fumarole was indeed covered with lake water that
afternoon. However, we did see regular bubbling about five inches from
the orange runoff channel, toward the lake side of the cone (away from
the shoreline).

Lakeshore Geyser was completely submerged and no bubbling was apparent
in about 8 minutes of observation.
Pat Snyder