[Geysers] Additional 27 May 2009 Geyser Report

Ben Hoppe ben.hoppe at gmail.com
Wed May 27 20:49:41 PDT 2009

I will just simply add on to what Scott has already reported.

 Beehive erupted again tonight at 1819 with an Indicator at 1811. I was not
there because I was hoping for a Rocket major. There were several good
pushes and twice I pulled out my radio to call the major when it just died.
No Rocket eruptions today unfortunately.Grotto Fountain was 1635ie with the
Grotto start coming at 1636. It ended at 1912.

The normal Grotto eruptions where I have had a start and end time have been
between 2 hours 10 minutes and 2 hours 45 minutes. I am hoping to get a few
more closed intervals for normal eruptions.

Plume times that I had recorded today: 0635ie, 0848, 1307, 1809, 1909, 2018.

Riverside was seen at 0705, 1302, 1855.

Daisy was also recorded at 1645, ~1855 per visitor report, and 2101.

Castle had a major eruption at 1809.

Oblong was 1910ie so the closed interval was somewhere around 8.5 - 8.75
hrs.

Pyramid was seen 1638ie.

As of 2115, there had been no Grand. I noted Rift 2050ie, but I heard it
started ~2040. The pool wasn't the greatest at the very last Turban I saw.
It also appeared as I was heading back to my bike that the Sawmill group was
entering a deep drain.

On Monday, I sat for a little over an hour at Fan and Mortar. It was having
legitimate cycles where Angle would shut off well before River would come
back on, but the "real" cycles were the only thing happening.

I was going to walk towards Artemesia tonight after the end of Grotto, but
unfortunately there were Bison near a bend in the Firehole just downstream
from East Sentinel so I decided to turn around so that I would not be stuck
in Biscuit for the night.

 Hopefully we will see Grand get less "interesting" like it was today, and
the Grotto area get "more" interesting as the week passes.

- Ben Hoppe

--
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in
me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who