[Geysers] Photograph of Black Diamond eruption (Stephens)

David Schwarz david.schwarz at gmail.com
Tue May 26 18:33:13 PDT 2009

   The story seems to have been picked up by the AP.  The same story with
minor differences has appeared on several sites  in the last couple of
days.  One example:
http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/technology/index.ssf?/base/national-18/124318388065780.xml&storylist=technology

   At least those interviewed seemed to be under the impression that what
they saw was a bona fide hydrothermal explosion, but it doesn't look like
they bothered to interview Hank.  I've been kind of wondering myself whether
this was just more of what Black Diamond has been doing occasionally since
2006.

David Schwarz