[Geysers] Photograph of Black Diamond eruption (Stephens)

Jack Ashe jack.ashe at yahoo.com
Mon May 25 07:13:54 PDT 2009

Hydrothermal or not, that is the quesiton!

Isn't the assertion in the article that this was not a geyser eruption but rather a hydrothermal explosion resulting in geologic effect similar to the Pocket Basin explosion crater, Indian Pond or the Duck Lake events?
Was this NOT a true hydrothermal explosion but just a "messy" geyser eruption?

 If it is a hydrothermal explosion, I have been informed that these probably result  from a sudden drop in water pressure over the thermal source. Did that occur at Black Diamond??

Jack