[Geysers] Trip Report 4-25 to 5-3-09

Jeff Cross Jeff.Cross at wallawalla.edu
Sun May 10 18:36:24 PDT 2009

Hi Michael,

How is your spring going?  Are you through finals yet?

Did you notice the list discussion about Pygmy Geyser?

I remember that in 1994(?), you and I and Dave were watching Bronze Spring.
A small sputtering patch in the sand was erupting during certain parts of the
Bronze Spring eruption cycle.  I think the vent of this feature was very nearly
under the boardwalk.

Was this Pygmy Geyser?

Jeff Cross

PS: Dave came by for a nice visit last month.  We witnessed four major
eruptions of Blast Geyser, which is getting bigger with time.  The height
of the water column I estimate at 70-90 feet.  It resembles a large eruption
of Catfish Geyser.