[Geysers] June SPUT

Freund, Udo udo.freund at lmco.com
Mon Jun 15 07:44:25 PDT 2009

The June edition of "The Geyser Gazer Sput" will be mailed later this
morning - Monday, 6/15/09.

I'd like to thank our contributors, editors and Four Star Printing for
turning out this issue in record time.  The electronic files arrived at
Four Star on Wednesday and the issue was ready for pick up on Friday
afternoon.  Usually the turnaround takes about a week, which would have
interfered with our upcoming trip to YNP.  Thanks to everyone for
putting together another great issue!

BTW, this issue contains Part VI of Lynn Stephens' fascinating series on
the 1959 Hebgen Lake earthquake, which deals with the effects on the
Park's thermal features.  11:37PM August 17, 2009 will mark the 50th
anniversary of that memorable event.  The visitor center at Quake Lake
is planning 4 days of commemorative events this August, from the 14th
through the 17th.  If you are interested in more details here's a link:
http://www.prlog.org/10246454-50th-anniversary-of-the-hebgen-lake-earthq
uake-august-1417th-2009-in-west-yellowstone-montana.html

Udo Freund