[Geysers] Geyser report June 11

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Jun 11 15:37:10 PDT 2009

If this seems somewhat shorter than most of the previous, chalk it up to
Grand. I'll start with that stupid sput...

Yesterday Grand finally erupted at 18xx for an interval of around 11 hours.
Then it played at 0313E, so about 9 hours. Finally this afternoon, Grand
1356 (T1C, I ~ 10h 43m). What's going on? We don't know, because this interval
did not have Rift. The pool fills but usually drops well before Turban.
Anyhow, another two-Daisy wait at Grand.

Castle is somewhat similar. I noted yesterday's minor at 1517, which had a
duration of about 4 minutes but then had a restart at 1529. That continued
as a full major. Then this morning Castle 0509ie minor with a duration of at
least 6 minutes. It still had not erupted again as of 1430.

The only closed interval I got on Plume was of only 52 minutes.

Beehive erupted pre-dawn -- it was reported as "dead" at about 0530.

Lion, no call all day after having its dying gasps around 0600.

Aurum 1245.

Sawmill, Sawmill, Sawmill...

Oblong -- Julie take note -- 0608ie and 1105.

Grotto 0522ie (off before 0755) and 1138ns (still ie at 1420).

Daisy 0718, 0925, 1132, 1339 (note three intervals each of 2h 07m).

Link has not erupted since its first -- all four markers are in place.

F&M had an event cycle in progress at 0755. From Barbara's description it
had a Gold pause followed by a River pause. Quite a lot of Main Vent
splashing but very little action in Bottom. Once the cycle cointinued through Gold
and Angle there was an obvious severe lack of water.

Great Fountain 1130. (I think Lynn corrected my typo of yesterday's time:
it was 1350, not 1250).

Fountain 0902ie.

Scott Bryan
**************Dell Deals: Don’t miss huge summer savings on popular laptops