[Geysers] Norris-Madison road traffic delays

Andrew Hafner geyserhound at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 11 12:04:00 PDT 2009

Hello all,

  As some of you may know, I'mm a rather silent presence on this list, who has occasionally cobbled together material from past "threads" into articles for the Sput.

  I have tentative plans to come to the park the week after Father's Day. With my past few trips, I have flown into Billings or Bozeman, rented a vehicle, and entered through the north gate. I'm flying into Bozeman this time around, will be staying at Madison campground, (but will be spending the days in the geyser basins!). I am aware that there is road construction between Norris and Madison. Does anyone know what traffic is like through there, how bad the delays are, what the road itself is like, etc, etc, etc? Any input would be helpful, and could help me decide whether to enter the park through the north or west gates, so that I have some free time on my arrival day.

Thank you,

Andrew Hafner.