[Geysers] Green Bubbler

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 7 17:08:18 PDT 2009

Friday, June 6th, I biked out to Biscuit Basin to take intervals of Jewel (which is useful information to a tour guide).  Jewel was erupting every 7 minutes.

Over behind Outpost, to the left, I saw something erupting to ~4 feet that I'd never seen before!  A quick look in the book, and it is Green Bubbler. It erupted again 21 minutes later.  The eruption is very brief.  Today (Sunday), I was at Biscuit with my afternoon tour, and saw it erupt again.  I couldn't stay long enough to get a closed interval today.

Also, on my morning tour, I caught Fountain at 1055 ie.  I could hear it before I could see it, with the snow and steam this morning.  This weekend the whole Fountain Paint Pot boardwalk loop was open.  I guess because the boardwalk crew isn't working on weekends.

Karen Low