[Geysers] Fan & Mortar

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 2 01:04:30 PDT 2009

Apparently no one noted these in the logbook, but per listserv reports, the marker at F&M was replaced on 3/31, reported missing on 4/15 (but evidently not replaced), and replaced on 4/25.  I did not find any reports of it being washed since then.  When I spoke to Jim Scheirer on Memorial Day, he confirmed that there had been no eruptions since his arrival on 5/7.  I may have missed a report somewhere, but it appears that Fan & Mortar did not erupt between the replacement of the marker on 4/25 (and we do not know how long it had been since the previous eruption) and the eruption overnight 5/30-5/31.

Fan & Mortar took a similar long break, I>57d, from late April through June 24 last year.  However when it started up again it immediately commenced short intervals.  It remains to be seen what will happen this time.

--Tara Cross
fanandmortar at hotmail.com