[Geysers] Geyser Report 7/30

Ben Hoppe ben.hoppe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 22:00:24 PDT 2009

All times, unless otherwise noted, are from Thursday, July 30.

Today was my Union Falls hike. Everything went without a hitch, but I
was far too tired to go out and attempt to watch any geysers when I
got back. The day was a cool one, especially in the morning (and more
so when fording a river when the sun hasn't been up for very long),
but the afternoon sun made it feel quite warm, almost too warm.
Fording the Falls River on the way back to the car in the middle of
the afternoon felt very nice. The trail is in excellent condition, and
thankfully, we saw no bears.

Now onto the geysers, of which I saw none. As was previously reported,
Fan and Mortar erupted. Again an interval under 4 days.

The following times are from the logbook:
Aurum erupted just before 11, the exact time was not noted in the
logbook. It read "105_"
Grotto 0400, 1047, 1623ie
Grotto Fountain 0349ns, 1043, 1618ie
Lion 1112, 1256 (minor), 1259
Oblong 1036ns, 2015ie
Depression 1517
Castle 2357e major (technically 7/29), 1426 major
Daisy 0703, 0920, 1123, 1320ie, 1525ie, 1726, 1933
Fountain 1823
Grand 0941 (T2Q), 2019 (V5/T2Q)
Great Fountain 0715ns vr, 2003 (of=74, p=5)
Riverside 0437, 1037, 1705
Beehive 0225 (0206 Indicator), 1426 (1413 Indicator)
Plume intervals were in the 50-65 range, there was one 49 minute interval

-Ben Hoppe

--
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ
lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son