[Geysers] Atomizer Geyser (Stephens)

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 25 16:42:31 PDT 2009

THIS POST IS FOR PERSONAL READING BY THE SUBSCRIBERS TO THIS LISTSERV AND IS NOT

TO BE REPRODUCED, FORWARDED, OR PUBLISHED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, INCLUDING PUBLICATION

IN THE SPUT.

I've had some interesting times at Atomizer Geyser this week, recording the shortest double interval of the year (25h11m, thank you Dean Lohrenz for providing the first major time on that double) and the longest closed interval, not just of the year, but the longest hat I have ever recorded, 18h20m.

I've also had to warn many people about staying on the trail instead of wandering around near Calthos, Pulcher Springs, Baby Daisy, etc.  Please remember that if a dead tree has been placed across a social trail, that means use of the social trail is prohibited.  The little side trail to view Mirror Pool is the only acceptable off-the-main trail activity on the trail from Biscuit Basin past Artemisia to Morning Glory.

I've seen a black and white woodpecker, flickers, a very fat marmot, and blue dragonflies on my treks back and forth to Atomizer, mostly from Biscuit Basin, but also from Fan & Mortar.

It was such a relief not to have to find time in the office to type daily reports that it will be awhile before the next one.

Lynn Stephens