[Geysers] archeology of the basins

Craig Messerman cmflyer at bresnan.net
Mon Jul 20 15:58:25 PDT 2009

I've attached a photo of some china fragments that we found while wading
in the Firehole by Mattie Culver's gravesite. A friend saw them in the
water near shore and was concerned that someone would cut them self
while wading around (there's some glass too), so she piled them on the
bank (of course we couldn't help but study them!). Later we noticed that
someone had put some of these fragments on the grave itself. I
encouraged my friend to scatter them back in the water, but we ended up
covering the pile with some grass right on the river bank. Only a few
partial words are visible, but perheps Lee can shed some light. We were
think they may be from the Culver's Firehole Hotel, or maybe just the
Travelodge in West!

--
Craig Messerman
Missoula, Montana