[Geysers] Geyser Report 7/14

Ben Hoppe ben.hoppe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 21:39:23 PDT 2009

All times, unless otherwise noted, are from Tuesday, July 14.

This morning while I was beginning work (~0715), the sun was shining, but
there were definite snow flurries in the air. Hurray July!

I was going to go out into the basin around 1530 when I got off of work, but
the dark dark dark clouds made me think I didn't want to get wet wet wet, so
I stayed inside until late evening despite the fact that it didn't rain...
until I was actually out in the basin. Go figure.

Beehive erupted this morning at 0749 following the Indicator at 0738. The
hill just after 1930. Around 2000, splashing began getting very nice. Around
2020, the clouds began looking not very nice. And by 2120, we were getting
rained on. And I, noting the nice sky when I was leaving the dorm, did not
have any rain gear. Thankfully, Kitt lent me her umbrella, and I stayed dry
until we had Waves on Beehive's Indicator at 2134, and then about 45 seconds
later, the Indicator erupting at 2134 as well. Beehive had another 11 minute
Indicator for an eruption at 2145. The rain quit around 2140. The sky in the
background was very nice and colorful.

Also of note, Grand is being not very nice as of right now. Yesterday Grand
had a 12h10m interval from the morning eruption to evening eruption, today
it had a 12h13m interval from morning eruption at 0621 (T2*Q) to the late
afternoon eruption of 1634.

Other geyser times for today:
Artemesia: 0715
Lion 0846ie, 1136ie, and 2043
Oblong 0624ie, 1514, and what Kitt and I agreed on (from Beehive) as another
eruption 2030ie via steamcloud
Depression 0729
Castle 0216 (major) and 1841ie (major)
Daisy 0724, 0945, 1414ie, 1629, 2103ie
Riverside was 0721
Plume was reported at 0622, 0735, 0844, 1311, 1428, 2014, and 2124 (I think
that was the correct time)
I saw Plate start from Beehive at 2008
Grotto was 1845ns
Rift earlier today, 1638ns.

That's all I've got.
I will try to get a report in tomorrow evening, but I am running out of the
area after work. I will try to get times from the VC after I get back.

-Ben Hoppe

--
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in
me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who