[Geysers] Geyser Report 7/12

Ben Hoppe ben.hoppe at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 22:32:50 PDT 2009

I didn't actually see any geysers until after dark when it became more
of a hearing thing. I would have gone down to Fan and Mortar around
1800, but at that point we got a terrible storm with very gusty winds.
The winds were strong enough that my bike literally got turned while I
was riding it from the VC to the dorm. So I stayed in until I felt
like I wanted to go see Grand.

All times unless otherwise noted are from Sunday, July 12.

No Fan and Mortar yet. I heard that there was a weak-ish event cycle
this morning.

Artemesia 0858.
Aurum was at 0656, 1529, and 1914ie (yay for the rain).
Grotto was at 0802, and it was ie at 2130, but I have no clue whether
or not it was the same eruption. I never got past Grand tonight.
Lion was seen at 1152ie, 1313ie, and 1435.
Depression had an eruption at 0616ie.
Little Squirt was active today, see 0715ie.
Oblong had an eruption at 0845.
Castle had a minor this morning at 0240, major at 0752, and another
major 2244ns.
Daisy was running intervals a little over 2 hours today.

Grand was 0040ie, 0806, 1502, and 2155 (T2C). The 2nd burst of the
night eruption ended at about 9m45s into the eruption, I thought for
sure there would be a 3rd, but unfortunately not. Probably because I
was there...

Riverside was reported at 0613 and 1210.
Beehive was overnight at 0156 preceded by the 0139 Indicator
(i=14h09m), and was again this afternoon at 1444 with the Indicator at
1424 (i=12h48m).

I really got almost nothing for closed single intervals on Plume from
the VC logbook. It looks like nearly everything was a little over when
you average out the intervals.

I was hoping for a Penta after tonight's Grand. Tardy began (I didn't
get the time), and water levels came up and up and up. At 2243 we got
very nice near eruptive bubbling from the lower vents of Penta, but
then they stopped. Sawmill was then 2246ns. Sad, I know...

West Triplet was also 2152ie, a few minutes before Grand began, while
Rift was 2224ie, a few minutes after Grand ended.

Such is all for tonight. I hope to get out to Fan and Mortar tomorrow
late afternoon if they don't erupt tonight or tomorrow morning.
Somehow I doubt I'll be so lucky.

-Ben Hoppe

--
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ
lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son