[Geysers] Geyser Report 7/10

Ben Hoppe ben.hoppe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 22:42:28 PDT 2009

All times are from Friday, July 10 unless otherwise noted.

I had written up a nice long report for tonight with a bunch of nice
details. I pressed "Send" and the lovely internet I am using decided to time
out. The e-mail was gone as quickly as a Little Brother eruption, and is
nowhere to be found. So I am starting over, but this one will be a little
less detailed than the one you will never read. Sorry, but blame my
internet... I had to switch to a different computer with a different
internet server just to send this! Maybe I'll have better luck next time.

Anyways, onto the geysers...

Beehive had two consecutive intervals following yesterday's fiasco that were
nice and regular. An eruption at 0823 following the 0805 Indicator (i =
13h30m) as well as a dusk eruption at 2141 following a 2125 Indicator (i =
13h18m). Let's hope it stays that way.

Grotto was 0804ie, probably near start, but shut off after the 0929ie Rocket
major. It was again at 2007ns.

Oblong was 1014 and 2046ns.

Castle had a major at 0046 and an eruption of some sort at 1500.

Daisy was again in the 2h15m interval range give or take 15 minutes.

Grand was 1056 and 2141 (same time as Beehive) after a Vent delay (V3 I
think?).

Plume was beginning to resume the same patters as pre-Giantess. 60-75
minutes with a couple sub 60s thrown in there.

Riverside was 1036 and either 1538 or 1638. I couldn't understand the radio
transmission, but 1638 seems more than likely the one.

Artemesia was 1110ie.

Depression 1116ie.

Fountain 1232ns.

Lion's only recorded time was 1252.

Aurum was 1936.

I was at Norris today and attempted taking data from 1532-1632. It was 46%
concerted. The entire hour it was South dominant, but when I was just taking
pictures and not stats until 1700, it was heading more towards North
dominant. There was quite a lot of discharge on a number of the minors.
There were multiple times where South would do the usual angled jetting, and
then instead of dying down, it would fan out and become very wide and large.
Then it would die.

That is all, I think...

Not sure if I will get a report in tomorrow since I work until about 10pm,
but I will try.

-Ben Hoppe

--
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in
me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who