[Geysers] Which geysers have "hot periods"?

Davis, Brian L. brdavis at iusb.edu
Sat Jul 4 08:56:42 PDT 2009

Along the lies of "which geysers have series" (and what the definition of a series is as opposed to "bursts", etc.), which geysers have "hot periods", and how well defined are these? I can think of the Giant system and Fan & Mortar, but how many others could be characterized this way? One thing I'm trying to come to grips with is the energy balance in such system, and how much must be dissipated during a "hot period" compared to a full eruption.

Or, when does a "hot period" get called a "minor"?

--
Brian Davis