[Geysers] USGS report PP-1456

Freund, Udo udo.freund at lmco.com
Tue Jan 13 14:36:27 PST 2009

For those who have never seen the USGS' 1988 report on Norris, I suggest
visiting this URL: http://pubs.usgs.gov/pp/1456/  It shows the complete
report in color.  I wish the scan were better than 200DPI to better
display the many photos.  Most remarkable of those is the aerial photo
taken by Robert B. Smith (YVO) on 7/6/1984 of Steamboat in full
eruption.  The geologic map of Norris is a separate page (also a 200DPI
scan) and is also worth viewing.  I recently scanned this map at 300DPI
and included it on the Yellowstone Maps CD-ROM with over 20 other maps
of Yellowstone.

Thanks,
Udo Freund