[Geysers] early Fan & Mortar? 2/20

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 20 11:34:52 PST 2009

Fan & Mortar were very quiet around 0930.  There was ice to the Fan sign, with a very thin layer of new snow on the areas likely to have been washed.  I replaced the marker, which had been washed sometime before 2/12 and not replaced until this morning.

Also, Grotto was on around 0815, off by 0850, and Giant looked as though there might have been a hot period earlier in the day.

And my reward for my hard duty in the basin was standing just by Beehive for the 1003 eruption this morning.  It obscured the Aurum eruption around 1005 (vr).

Carolyn Loren