[Geysers] Snow depth

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 18 13:51:55 PST 2009

We're back up to 28 inches with a bit of new snow.  See below for the comparison with longterm average including snow-water-equivalent:

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/cgibin/wygraph-multi.pl?wateryear=2009&state=MT&stationidname=11e31s-MADISON+PLATEAU

Carolyn Loren

From: TSBryan at aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 11:22:32 -0500
To: geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu
Subject: [Geysers] Snow depth

A few days ago, somebody asked (jokingly, perhaps) if there was any snow in Yellowstone. Not much, I guess. As of today (2/18), the West Yellowstone SnoTel site reports between 28 and 29 inches on the ground there, a value that I'm guessing is less than half the "normal" for the date.