[Geysers] Celestine Pool

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 13:44:36 PST 2009

Yesterday, 2/17/09, Celestine Pool was doing some pretty good splashes, between 10 and 11 am.  I first heard the splashing, as I was at Silex Spring, and could hear the splashing as I was giving commentary (my favorite Kipling quote: "Would you believe that even these terrible creatures must be guarded by the troopers in order to keep the irreverant American from chipping the cones to pieces, or even worse, making the geysers sick?)  So I completely lost my train of thought as my attention was diverted by Celestine.  From Silex, Celestine's splashing looked to be 4-5 feet.

As we came back around the loop, Celestine was again splashing, but looked to be only around 3 feet.

I heard from another guide, that Fountain was in eruption "around 2:30".  He was excited that Jet, Spasm, Fountain, and Clepsydra were all going off at the same time.  I let him know that is what they do.

Yesterday was only the second time in the past month I've been to the Fountain Paint Pots in daylight.

Karen Low