[Geysers] Photo of Great Fountain exploding "bubble"

Bruce Jensen bpnjensen at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 19:51:01 PST 2009

Hi, all - I took a great mass of geyser photos at the Park last summer, and I am quite happy with many of them, but there is one with which I am especially pleased.  It is a photo of an exploding "bubble" at Great Fountain Geyser.  I have not seen anything else like it, and it is quite different from what one sees in, say, Strokkur.  It appears to explode radially outward in all directions, a perfect fuzzy globe of white water 20 feet across.  I was looking in the viewfinder and hitting the shutter at this precise moment, so my view was briefly interrupted, but my son Nick tells me the event was awesome :-)

Here is the link:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/17817807

Bruce Jensen

"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France