[Geysers] Information wanted.

Freund, Udo udo.freund at lmco.com
Fri Dec 18 06:50:12 PST 2009

USGS has drill hole temp data in their PP-1456 report for Norris GB.  To view it click on this link http://pubs.usgs.gov/pp/1456/ then download the file (12MB).  The temperature at depth chart is on page 8.  Of course Norris is much hotter than other basins but it's interesting nevertheless.

I wasn't able to view PP-1054-B, the report on drill hole Y-6 but you might give it a try.  This report is online and may contain the data sought.  You'll have to download djvu free software prior to opening the file: http://pubs.er.usgs.gov/usgspubs/pp/pp1054B

The list of other USGS reports, not all of which are downloadable, is at http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/yvo/publications/articles.php .  My search revealed no other viewable reports on the Upper Basin's research drill holes.  If anyone has them and can provide us with contents related to this question please do so.  Enquiring minds want to know . . . .

Thanks,
Happy Holidays!
Udo Freund
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."
--Will Rogers