[Geysers] Geyser question

James Graber jgra at loc.gov
Fri Dec 4 17:06:33 PST 2009

Lynn,
Maybe I missed it, but can you also tell us what Steamboat did in
1966?
A google showed 24 eruptions in 1964 and then only one in 1969, but was
labelled "incomplete".
I don't have any reliable data of my own.
TIA
Jim Graber

>>> Lynn Stephens <lstephens2006 at hotmail.com> 12/3/2009 11:19:03 PM

I agree a photo would help, and possible a bit more precision than
"mid-June."

Based on Marler's monthly reports, it wasn't Link, Splendid (not
active), Morning (two eruptions in August), or Fan and Mortar (no
mention in Marler's monthly reports).

In his September 1966 report, Marler said Sapphire was active, but the
eruptions were small--

"Sapphire continues to erupt on about 15 minute intervals.  The heights
of its eruptions vary between about 3 and 20 feet."

Lynn Stephens