[Geysers] Geyser question

Andrew Hafner geyserhound at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 2 12:48:35 PST 2009

Hello all,

  I'm wondering if you can help me with a geyser question from someone's visit to Yellowstone a long time ago.

  My mother and her family visited Yellowstone in early to mid-June of 1966, as part of a larger swing through the western U.S. She, along with my late grandfather, have told me stories about their time in the park. My grandfather mentioned that they saw a "big, unusual geyser" erupt while there. The rangers told him it was the first time the geyser had erupted in a while. This has intrigued me ever since, and I'm curious as to just what geyser it might have been. I know that Steamboat had some eruptions that year, but not much else. Suggestions, anyone?

Thank you.

Andrew Hafner