[Geysers] Geyser Report 8/25

Ben Hoppe ben.hoppe at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 22:09:28 PDT 2009

All times, unless otherwise noted, are from Tuesday, August 25.

Merry Christmas from Yellowstone!

Not very many times from today. I did not get out in the Basin very
much as work tired me out quite a lot. The day was another "winner" in
terms of weather with temps reaching in the upper 60s with sun and few
clouds.

Times from today:
Artemisia 0914ie
Aurum 0711
Grotto Fountain 1240 (nothing in the logbook about Grotto, I am
guessing the call was missed)
Lion 0653, 0820, 1553
Plate 1013
Rift 1100
Castle 1012 major
Daisy 0722, 0946, 1201, 1411
Grand 1321
Riverside 0950ie, 1537
Beehive Indicator 0958
Beehive 1014
Plume 0628, 0721, 0824, 0921, 1019, 1222, 1644, 1938
Great Fountain 1726 (p=7)

The call over the radio reported a superburst about within two minutes
following the end of the pause. The estimated height was about 170
feet, and it easily got the road. Had I known that I could have caught
a Great Fountain, I would have gone down there after work, but oh
well. Can't win 'em all!

I got more packing done tonight than I expected to. Once my car is
packed tomorrow (8/26) after work, I will probably head out to see
some geysers, if I can. So I hope to get one last geyser report in
tomorrow.

-Ben Hoppe

--
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ
lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son