[Geysers] Geyser Report 8/24

Ben Hoppe ben.hoppe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 22:24:01 PDT 2009

All times, unless otherwise noted, are from Monday, August 24.

Today was a day that began as a somewhat gloomy day and turned into a
gorgeous evening. There was some rain in the early afternoon, but
after the rain, the skies cleared, and we had an evening with clear
skies. The temperatures were only uncomfortably cool after the sun
went behind the hills.

Rainbows were in abundance once I got into the Upper Geyser Basin after 1830.
I was taking two coworkers with me tonight, and we saw huge, vibrant
rainbows in Castle as it had a major that began at 1820.

Then, even though Rift was ie at 1830 or so (I didn't get the time),
Grand started at 1909. It also had some rainbows, though not quite as
large or vibrant as Castle's. The most intense rainbow occurred after
the _1C eruption in Vent's steam. Grand also erupted this morning at
0952 (G1C).

Beehive was seen this morning at 0617. Unfortunately, the eruption
tonight came just after the sun went behind the hills, so the chance
of 3/3 with major geysers in rainbows was just stifled. The Indicator
began 1943 with Beehive following at 1956.

Bronze Spring was also seen erupting today. One eruption was at 0727.

Other times from the day:
Artemisia 1310vr
Aurum 1447
Grotto 0646ie, 1639
Grotto Fountain 1635
Lion 1630, 1759, 1924
Oblong 0629ns, 1415, 1922ie
Daisy 0705, 0940, 1211, 1439, 1714
Fountain 1001
Riverside 1011, 1607
Plume 0640ie, 0731, 0921, 1019, 1509, 1749

The OFVEC continues to look better and better with each passing day.
95% of the roof facing the Post Office is done. Still only the main
arch on the front side has been completed.

Tomorrow (Tuesday, 8/25) will probably be my last report of the
season. I am packing on Wednesday (8/26), and leaving early the next
morning. I will probably leave my radio on, though, on Wednesday
evening, just in case something is called at Fan and Mortar. So I will
hope that I have something to report on Wednesday evening!

-Ben Hoppe

--
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ
lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son