[Geysers] Geyser Report 8-7

Ben Hoppe ben.hoppe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 21:40:28 PDT 2009

All times, unless otherwise noted, are from Friday, August 7.

Today was like the last few with weather changing quite a bit
throughout the day. Nice morning, which clouded over, then got clear
again, with showers moving in in the late afternoon.

As Lynn has already reported, Fan and Mortar erupted sometime
overnight putting the interval under 3 days sometime.

I was out to catch the overnight Beehive. The weather couldn't have
cooperated much more. Beehive's Indicator started at 0002 with Beehive
following at 0011. It then erupted today at 1252 with the Indicator at
1241. I am probably going to go out tonight again and try and catch
another overnight, though it will probably be much later.

Plume intervals were, for the most part, under 60 minutes
Oblong was reported at 0750ie, 1230ie
Daisy 0747, 1159, 1357, 1557
Fountain 0820ie (vr)
Riverside 0825, 1416
Depression 1124
Plate 0829ns, 1221ie
Grand 1225 - it had two bursts
Lion 1308 initial, 1435
Great Fountain 1308
Grotto Fountain 1531
Grotto 1542

I spent a large part of the middle of the day in the basin, so I
decided to stay indoors and get some more rest to catch up on any lost
sleep from the last week. I'll try to get a report in sometime
tomorrow night as I work the late shift tomorrow.

-Ben Hoppe

--
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ
lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son