[Geysers] Old Faithful eruption Aug 1st 0224pm webcam

Freund, Udo udo.freund at lmco.com
Thu Aug 6 06:25:43 PDT 2009

But, of course, steam explosions such as Plume, Black Diamond or many
others could never happen near Old Faithful.  There is a small erupting
vent to the east of OF's vent.  I've seen it and I assume a few of you
have also.  So far I have not seen it erupt more than a foot or so on
the webcam (height is difficult to gauge).  It's best viewed when the
wind is blowing downbasin, usually in the morning.  Therefore I suggest
that we continue to observe this feature and keep an open mind about
such things.  I would certainly appreciate a YouTube video of it be
posted.  No rush.

Thanks,
Udo Freund