[Geysers] Geyser Report 8/5

Ben Hoppe ben.hoppe at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 21:52:24 PDT 2009

All times, unless otherwise noted, are from Wednesday, August 5.

I ended up not getting much for times tonight. Pretty much everything
had erupted by the time I got out into the Basin. After catching the
second half of the 1730 Castle Walk, I headed down to Lower Basin. I
was guestimating on something like a quintupleish interval.
Fortunately, I guesstimated well and only needed a 10 minute wait at
Fountain. Tara Cross was already there. She cheated, she knew the
afternoon eruption time.

It was a beautiful day outside, despite the fact that it clouded over
by late afternoon and into the evening, but the sunset was very nice.
It sounds like it's about to start storming, but I will probably try
to go out and catch the overnight Beehive eruption

Here are the times I have recorded for today:
Castle 0534ie (major) and I think I heard the call for 1710 or so, it
was a major as well I believe
Daisy 0410, 0658, 0916, 1113ie, 1304, 1502, 1706ie
Grand 0553, 1508
Riverside 0918
Beehive 1142 (1122 Indicator)
Plume 0538, 0829, 0931, 1223, 1545
Grotto 0545, this was a marathon. It was still ie as of about 1900
Rocket had a major just 42 minutes into Grotto at 0627, Tara said this
is not uncommon now
Lion 0614ns
Oblong 0659ns and sometime around 1700 I am guessing based on an empty
crater this evening
Depression 0959ie
Fountain 1334ie (almost ns) and 1917 (d=32m)

Hopefully I can stay dry in my overnight Beehive wait. This will be
the second time in three months that it is clouded over and storming
around the full moon.

-Ben Hoppe

--
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ
lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son