[Geysers] Geyserino: where was/is it?

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Apr 14 21:02:00 PDT 2009

Well, one lives and learns.

1. On the map, in Dr. White's handwriting is "Botryoidal Sp". It is  not
otherwise numbered. Per a small line, this spring appears to lie immediately
next to unnamed YW136 (note: NOT YM), which is our A-2 Geyser. (How long
have I  had the USGS thermal maps? Well, probably at least 27 years but I never
 noticed this... Clearly, White's and Marler's "Botryoidal" differ.)

2. Feature YW135 is the depression in which there are several vents, two or
 three of which sometimes act as small geysers. This is not the modern
Botryoidal.

3. The feature that we call Botryoidal Spring is not named on the map, but
is labeled as YW134. Thus, it appears that our Botryoidal is Brock's
Geyserino,  so named by Brock probably because he thought it unnamed having seen
White's  Botryoidal way up by A-2.

Obviously, Brock copied the numbering and some naming from the USGS  map.

Scott Bryan

In a message dated 4/14/2009 6:07:29 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,