[Geysers] Geyserino: where was/is it?

Gordon Bower taigabridge at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 14 15:26:46 PDT 2009

I feel like I've heard this name before on this list, maybe 5 years ago now, but if so, I've forgotten what was decided.

I've been reading Thomas Brock's "Thermophilic microorganisms" (the 400-pager from 1978, not the little brochure sold in the park), and he refers to a small geyser of that name on White Creek.

His photo of it shows a squarish pool surrounded by geyser eggs... almost reminds me of Pearl at Norris, only bigger and with a deeper pool. I could believe that Botryoidal Spring, if it were full to the brim,  once looked like this.

However, on his map, he shows "Botryoides Spring" very close to A-1 and A-2 geysers... closer than I think it really is... labels a large pool in the right place for Botryoidal as YM135 without a name... and places "YM134 (Geyserino)" some distance farther south, something like 1/3 of the way to Verdant Spring.... in an area where today there is nothing but grass.

Anyone have some words of wisdom?

I presume the name is his own invention, like his calling Spindle Geyser "Stepbrother" because it's close to the Five Sisters...