[Geysers] UGB bears

ballous at beloit.edu ballous at beloit.edu
Fri Apr 10 04:38:39 PDT 2009

> Hi Carolyn,

Wow, busy bears (ursus ubiquetious), it is amazing that the
bears are traveling through the construction site and the
temp. OFVC. Did they set off the door counters? Do you have
feeling for how the rate of snow melt?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I was wondering when you
leave GRCA, and where Stu is in his search for the perfect
job.

Things here in Beloit are pretty normal. Nice weather is
here and we even canoed a local stream last week; spotting
several herons and a great horned owl. It was really an
interesting sight, it looked Batman perched up in a dead oak
tree. I have too much easy access to the "news" medias and
spend too much time in doors, which makes me miss the
"isolation of wilderness" that is YNP. I miss all the people
that also make it a place like no other.

Best of luck in your coming adventures.

Thanks for the update.

Best Regards,
Steve

I haven't heard anyone who knows if it is the "bison