[Geysers] UGB, 3/31

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 1 13:11:47 PDT 2009

We skied down to Morning Glory, and mostly just missed seeing things, with one exception.

Castle end steam 1354

Grotto 1409 i.e.

Riverside with a bit of end steam

Plume 1452

Grand 1506 i.e. (seen from the Lower Store...)

For old time's sake I guess I replaced the Fan & Mortar marker.  I tried to check it March 27, but bison kept me behind Square Spring.

We saw grizz tracks by Castle and Morning Glory perhaps from early morning.

Had just returned to the Lower Store area when Stu's co-worker asked if we had bear spray since there was a grizzly behind us.  Luckily it was up the hill from Castle and the closest we were was probably 50 yards or so.  It was on something, eating steadily, with a coyote jumping up and down nearby and only a couple ravens in attendance.

Carolyn Loren