[Geysers] Mystery art

sgryc at comcast.net sgryc at comcast.net
Sat Sep 27 17:59:10 PDT 2008

I have seen Scott's bit of mystery art in the Buffalo Bill Historical Center.  The painting is of Fountain Geyser, and it is by German born artist Albert Bierstadt.  The painting isn't terribly big, but I was quite taken with it.  I think it shows the dynamism of a geyser eruption and the splashy nature of Fountain Geyser in particular.  If you haven't stopped at Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody on your way to Yellowstone, I urge you to do so and tour the five different museums there.

Steve Gryc